Systems Support Analyst
Contract Durham , North Carolina, United States Posted 2 months ago
SkillsProvide Level 1 and Level 2 Application support for production and non-production environments Investigate then resolve system generated alerts and user raised incidents Handle Service Requests raised by users Coordinate with different teams for incident resolution Call out issues to Engineering team if issues are beyond scope
The Common Platform Solutions team, a part of Asset Management Technology, provides Fidelity’s development teams with Platform as a Service (PaaS) capabilities through common solutions and frameworks delivered in a scalable infrastructure. We provide these services, in collaboration with our business partners, to help advance their business objectives with a focus on operational excellence, cost efficiency, innovation and close business alignment.
We are looking for a Systems Services and Support Analyst with strong customer and social skills to provide operational expertise on our Global Support team’s Level 2 practice. This team manages the stability and business continuity for a number of development frameworks, application components, infrastructure/hosting and enterprise-level services. Our support practice serves as a main contact for business partners and is comprised of “operationally-minded and technically oriented” engineers that provide assistance, triage and resolution of platform-related issues.
You will be responsible for bringing together multiple technologies to deliver a cohesive platform-as-a-service product. You have a passion for technology tempered by a level-headed, ITIL-oriented approach to problem solving, and can take knowledge gained from triaging issues and foster it back into product design and support, making the end-to-end delivery more robust. An opportunity for growth and the potential to join in a full-time role is possible as your career advances.
In this role, you will work on one of two morning/evening US-based shifts (which will include either a Saturday or Sunday). The successful candidate is adept at pinpointing root cause and is motivated to learn low level technical details to tackle issues both immediately via workarounds and permanently by identifying defects to be fixed. A sense of urgency, responsiveness and strong desire to meet partners’ expectations are all necessary attributes of a successful candidate for this role.
- Good co-ordination skills
- Demonstrable experience in supporting production environments for application built on technology components Java, Tomcat, Oracle & Informatica
- Multi task and being able to prioritize effectively
- Should have good analytical skills
- Tackle and problem solve during Major or Minor incident call
- BS or higher education in Computer Science, Software Engineering or Information Technology degree program.
- 5+ years technical Systems Operations experience, preferably in an ITIL-oriented support capacity, Help Desk or similar role.
- Should have experience in UNIX
- Should have Apache Tomcat web server administration & support experience
- Experience using and supporting any of the monitoring and alerting tools like Splunk, Dynatrace, Hyperic HQ, SiteScope
- AWS Cloud migrations
- Scheduling tool working experience preferably Autosys
- Nice to have Informatica 9.x Admin experience