Contract San Francisco, California, United States Posted 6 months ago
SkillsJenkins Ansible Kubernetes Shell Scripting (Java Go Ruby Scala or Python) Big Data (Hadoop Spark)
Work with developers and the systems engineering team to build long term solutions and tools supporting the Engineering team at large.
Lead the design and implementation of state-of-the-art Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery processes.
Build and innovate to replace large-scale manual operating processes automation.
Collaborate and help build utilities and tools for internal use that enable you and your fellow engineers to operate safely at high speed and wide scale.
Driving analysis, design, and development of automation tools for deployment, development, and operational tasks.
Develop infrastructure as code and testable infrastructure.
Move systems and infrastructure to the cloud and build pipelines to deploy to the cloud.
Develop appropriate metrics to demonstrate performance and operational efficiency.
Work cross-functionally with various teams to drive amazing results.
Resolve problems at their root with simple and repeatable solutions.
Design automated systems management solutions with self-repair as the goal.
Create processes that enhance operation workflow and provide positive customer impact.
Leverage a variety of cutting edge commercial and open source tools to manage deployments into Test and Production environments.
- Bachelors or higher in computer science or equivalent (can be waived for corresponding experience) with 5+ years of relevant experience.
- Expertise with build pipelines, packaging, and artifact management.
- Expertise with shell scripting and programming languages such as Python, Ruby, Go, Scala or Java.
- Extensive experience with CI tools such as Jenkins.
- Strong background in Linux in an enterprise production environment.
- Experience with agile methodologies and practices.
- Experience using configuration management software like Puppet or Ansible.
- Experience with Build Tools such as Maven, Gradle and equivalents.
- Experience with Docker containers, Kubernetes and helm charts or equivalent.
- Experience working with managed services and automation on Azure, GCP or AWS
- Strong interest in learning new and emerging technologies.
- An understanding of network engineering and security principles (e.g. protocols, routing, switching, filtering, firewall rules, etc.).
- Experience with other virtualization technologies such as VMware.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Good understanding of security and systems best practices.
- Experience architecting, designing and setting up a CI/CD framework in legacy and non-legacy environments.
- Knowledge supporting Java application servers such as Apache Tomcat or JBOSS.
- Experience supporting no-SQL data stores such as Cassandra.
- Experience with API driven infrastructure.
- Experience with Big-data such as Spark, Hadoop and related set of technologies