Data Analyst/ Engineer
Contract Gaithersburg, Maryland, United States Posted 2 months ago
SkillsBS degree in Computer Science Business Analytics Mathematics or Engineering. · 5+ years in advanced SQL for Conventional RDBMS platform such as Oracle SQL Server etc. · 4+ years in advanced Tableau (interactive data analysis and visualization) or equivalent tools (e.g. MicroStrategy). · 3+ years in advanced Python or R with respective data science toolkits (e.g. Python: Scikit-learn nltk Pandas NumPy SciPy Matplotlib; R: Caret tidytext data.table reshape2 dplyr ggplot2/ggvis) Preferred Requirements: · A firmed background in fundamental statistics (Central Tendency Variation Correlation Regression Sampling Hypothesis Testing Confidence Interval Margin of Errors Research Process etc.) · 2+ years: Cloud-based ML and NLP tools (Amazon Microsoft Azure Google Cloud AI IBM Watson etc.) · Excellent communications and presentation skills.
Compile and clarify requirements from stakeholders for data mining projects
· Partner with IT, engineering, manufacturing and other business operation groups to collect data from multiple data sources within the company and from the public domains (e.g., weather data) for use in the data mining projects
· As required and feasible, collaborate to build new or enhance the automated processes for data collection, and even for data recording at the data generating ends, to expand and sharpen the vision of data mining with goal of near real-time feedback
· Perform data integrity review and data cleansing
· Carry out descriptive analyses and communicate analysis stories and recommend improvements to stakeholders using dashboards, automated reports, and presentations skills
· Continually develop data presentation skills with the latest data visualization techniques and technologies.
· Evaluate new technologies and innovate on new approaches to develop the best solutions and self-service analytics capabilities.
· Train and mentor junior developers and analysts in the group and continue to mature expertise through formal and informal training opportunities.